News

ADAC Eifel Rallye Festival 2017 – Save the date

The organisers of the ADAC Eifel Rallye Festival are proud to announce the date for the seventh edition of theis demonstration event for historic rally cars. The next edition of the Festival will take place from July 20th to 22nd, 2017 and will once again be one of the world's biggest meetings for historic rally cars. The organisers expect to welcome 150 cars representing five decades of rallying all the way from the 1960s to the World Rally Cars of the 21st century. The successful concept of the Festival has been attracting crowds of some 40,000 spectators a year and the format will remain as it is. The event will kick off with the Reconnaissance and the Shakedown on Thursday and will end on Saturday night with the Prize Giving and a Rally Party. In between, the historic rally cars - all of which have to comply with the strict Slowly Sideways regulations in terms of originality - will tackle 120 kilometres of stages in the beautiful Vulkaneifel region. In addition, the cars will be on display in the "Rally Mile" in Daun where there is no restricted access so that fans and petrol heads who are keen on getting close to the cars and drivers can do so.

Eifel Rallye Festival shortlisted for Int. Historic Motoring Awards - again!
For the third year running, the Eifel Rallye Festival is nominated as "Motorsport Event of the Year" in the International Historic Motoring Awards. The Festival is one of only three events that have been shortlisted in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and it is once again the only event for rally cars in its category. "The nomination for the historic motorsport's 'Oscar' is the reward for our hard work over the last years. We could only achieve this thanks to the help and dedication of our volunteers, the organising committee and the numerous fans all of whom have made the Eifel Rallye Festival famous", says Reinhard Klein, the head of Slowly Sideways. "It is great to see that the Festival is listed among great events such as Silverstone Classic, Le Mans Classic or the Historic Grand Prix Zandvoort."

New Chief Organiser: Otmar Anschütz takes over from Peter Schlömer
The 2017 event will see a new face heading the organising committee of the Eifel Rallye Festival. Otmar Anschütz from Daun will step into the footsteps of Peter Schlömer and take over the role as Chief Organiser of the event - a handover of the baton that has been planned and prepared for years. "It is a big task but also a big honour for me to take this position", says Otmar Anschütz who has previously been Deputy Chief Organiser. "For many years, Peter Schlömer has done a brilliant job for the Festival. His efforts were one of the key elements in turning the Eifel Rallye Festival into what it is today. I would like to thank him deeply for everything he has done for this event."

[News Summary]